Main ContentCentral Computer Centre
The OGCIO Central Computer Centre (CCC) is a key part of the Government's critical information technology (IT) infrastructure. It composes of three data centres in Wan Chai on the Hong Kong Island, Sai Kung in the eastern part and Tsuen Wan in the western part of New Territories.
The CCC operates round-the-clock throughout the year. It mainly provides system hosting (operation, management and maintenance) services for the Government's central IT infrastructure and systems. It also provides disaster recovery (DR) facilities for departmental mission critical systems. The CCC operates a network operation control centre that monitors the government-wide data networks and critical central IT systems. It also operates a helpdesk that provides enquiry and incident support services to its clients.
The CCC supports the following Government's central IT systems:
- the Government Backbone Network (GNET),
- the Central Internet Gateway (CIG),
- the Central Cyber Government Office (CCGO) which is the government's central internal information portal,
- the Government Communication Network (GCN) for internal electronic mail exchange, and
- a number of back-end systems of the GovHK online services.
ISO/IEC 20000 Certification
The data centre services provided by the CCC have been awarded the International Organization for Standardization/International Electrotechnical Commission (ISO/IEC) 20000-1: 2011 certification. ISO/IEC 20000 sets out a comprehensive framework and international standard for IT service management. The accreditation formally endorses that CCC has attained an internationally recognised high standard in data centre service management and operations.
- Press Release (24 June 2011)
- Welcome Address by Mr. Stephen Mak, Government Chief Information Officer, at the "ISO/IEC 20000 Certificate Presentation Ceremony" on 24 June 2011 (Chinese only)
- Feature Story "Government computer centre wins global recognition" on news.gov.hk
- ISO/IEC 20000 Certification for OGCIO
- About ISO/IEC 20000 Certification